At times we may request that you voluntarily supply us with personal information. Generally this information is requested when you register to use our websites, purchase tickets and enter any promotions or competitions. We may gather and use information about you in the following ways:
More generally, we will use your personal details and information we obtain from other sources to provide you with our goods and services, for administration and customer services, for marketing, to analyse your purchasing preferences and to ensure that the content, services and advertising that we offer are tailored to your needs and interests. We may need to share your information with our service providers and agents for these purposes. We may disclose personal data in order to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- If you choose to use our website we may ask for information such as your name, date of birth, email address and contact details. We will use this information to administer your user account with us and so that we can tailor and improve the services we offer to you.
- If you choose to give us personal information via the internet (for example, in the course of purchasing tickets, merchandise or other services from us), it will be clear how we will use such information. If you tell us that you do not wish to have this information used as a basis for further contact with you, we will respect your wishes.
- Where you have consented to us sending you information, we may also use your data for marketing purposes. Further details on this can be found below in the section headed "How do we use your information for marketing?"
- Where you have consented to us passing your data to our official partners, sponsors and/or selected third parties to enable them to send you information, we may pass your data to such partners, sponsors and third parties to enable them to send you such information. Further details on this can be found below in the section headed "How do we use your information for marketing?"
- We will continue improving the content and function of the website. For this reason, we may monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us improve the design and layout of our site and provide content of interest to you.
By providing us with your personal information you consent to our processing your personal data for the above purposes.
- Contact you with information that we think may be of interest to you;
- Contact you with information about other organizations goods and services that we
think may be of interest to you;
- Share your information with our official business partners, sponsors and/or selected third parties so that they can contact you with information.
- We, our official business partners and sponsors and selected third parties may contact you by various means, including but not limited to mail, telephone, fax, email or other electronic messaging services (including mobile phone messaging) with offers of goods, services, promotions or information that may be of interest to you. By providing us with your postal address, telephone or fax numbers or email address you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or our business partners please indicate this where requested on the registration form.
You can change your preferences at any time by updating your personal profile online or by contacting us at info@CCFC.co.uk.
We take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
We may use information obtained about you from cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access device) on this website to measure and analyse information with respect to visits to our website. To that effect we use your IP-address to collect, among other things, internet traffic data and data regarding your browser type and computer. Cookies merely contain a unique number and therefore no personal data. The cookie cannot be used to identify you on websites of third parties.
If you want to stop cookies being stored on your computer in future, please refer to your browser manufacturer's instructions by clicking "Help" in your browser menu. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you reduce the functionality and your experience of our site.
We link to a wide variety of other sites and we may display advertisements from third parties on our site. We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these sites and third party advertisers, or for the way in which information about their users is treated. In particular, unless expressly stated, we are not agents for these sites or advertisers nor are we authorised to make representations on their behalf.
We encourage our users to be aware of this when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements applicable on those sites.
You should note that if our business (or any part of it) is sold or transferred at any time, the information we hold may form part of the assets transferred although will still only be used in accordance with this policy.
You are entitled to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a small fee up to £10) and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. Any such requests must be made in writing to:
Ticketing Manager, Coventry City Football Club, Citibase, 101 Lockhurst Lane, Coventry, CV6 5SF.
For quality control and training purposes, we may monitor or record your communications with us.
You can change your marketing preferences online at any time by updating your personal profiles or by contacting us at info@CCFC.co.uk
This policy was last updated on 1st April 2010